If you are struggling financially, you can benefit from learning about income supports provided by the VA and DoD, as well as needs-based benefits available to the general public.
Examples of VA and DoD benefits:
- VA Disability Compensation
- GI Bill and related educational and training programs
- VA home loans
- dependent and survivor benefits
- UCX unemployment benefits
But even if you already know about those VA and DoD benefits, you may not realize that other non-military programs may benefit you, including:
- low-income tax credits
- food supplements
- children's health insurance under Medicaid
- HUD and Rural Housing rental subsidies
We provide information on all of these non-military-related programs, as well. You may want to start with our checklist: Don't Leave Money on the Table.